Memory foam is a very high density foam which conforms to the sleepers curves for a body hugging feel. Memory foam beds offer natural support, and decrease pressure points. They are often credited with easing back pain, and are known to keep sleepers from tossing and turning. We also carry a variety of gel memory foam mattresses, which keep you cool and comfortable all night long. We have a variety of memory foam beds available, by many manufacturers; your ideal memory foam bed is here and waiting for you!
Why Choose a Memory Foam Mattress?
Though the technology behind it dates back to the 1960s, it was not until recently that memory foam mattresses became widely accepted and accessible for most people. Nowadays, memory foam mattresses are available in a range of different sizes and firmness levels — making them a versatile choice no matter how you prefer to sleep. If you’re in the market for a new bed set and are considering memory foam, here are some of the benefits of making the switch from a conventional coil mattress:
- Support: The main advantage of memory foam mattress beds is the way they conform to your body, offering exceptional support for the back and spine. The human body isn’t flat — any mattress that adapts to your curves will naturally offer more comfort than one that stays straight.
- Pressure relief: Another disadvantage of a conventional flat mattress is they produce pressure points on your body. Memory foam, on the other hand, distributes weight more evenly. Anyone who has ever woken up with a stiff neck or shoulder and complained of “sleeping on it funny” will appreciate a firm memory foam mattress.
- Motion transfer: Sharing a bed with someone isn’t easy, especially if they have a tendency to toss and turn during the night. The absorptive properties of a memory foam mattress reduce the disturbance to you when your partner moves or gets up, helping you enjoy an uninterrupted sleep.
Things to Consider Before Making a Purchase
Memory foam mattresses offer a number of advantages over conventional technology that, on the whole, are worth their extra cost. However, there are some things you should consider before purchasing a memory foam mattress:
- Heat: The main complaint about first-generation memory foam technology has been its tendency to trap heat while you sleep. While newer technologies such as gel foam have more or less eliminated this issue, if you are especially sensitive to heat, you may wish to spend extra on a mattress with superior breathability.
- Manufacturing process: Another issue that has been raised with memory foam is the use of potentially harmful chemicals in its manufacture. While it is unlikely that the trace amounts of chemicals emitted by memory foam will have any long-term impact, it is possible to purchase low VOC foam mattresses — look for products with CertiPUR-US certification, such as the Simmons Curv series.
Buy Memory Foam Mattresses at Dr Snooze
Dr Snooze has a great selection of next-generation memory foam mattresses for sale by leading manufacturers such as Serta and Simmons. We offer guaranteed low pricing on all products as well as free shipping on orders of $599 or more. Browse our current inventory today.